Free! is a show dedicated to swimming.
Genres: Slice-of-Life, Comedy, Sports, School Life
My Rating: 8
SEASON 1: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club – 12 episodes
SEASON 2: Eternal Summer – 13 episodes
Episodes Length: 24minutes
Description: Haruka Nanase is a boy who loves to be in water. When he was in elementary school, Haru and his friends Makoto Tachibana, Rin Matsuoka, and Nagisa Hazuki won a swimming tournament. Soon later though, they were separated and went different ways. Now in high school, all of them meet again changed. Rin challenges Haru in freestyle, while Nagisa decides that Iwatobi High School should start a swimming club. With Rin’s school Samezuka Academy and Iwatobi High School butting heads in the competitions, who will make it to the top? And will happen to their friendship?
– This is for the first and second season of Free!
– Free! is NOT a shounen-ai or yaoi. It’s just about the friendship of the guys. (Although people do ship some of the guys, and the idea is to get viewers worked up :/)
– The description is for the first season. The second season basically picks up from the first (so the second seasons description would include spoilers)
The second season just ended with characters graduating high school. At the end is also a glimpse of their future, so I’m sure there won’t be a third season.
– I originally thought that there was a manga, but looking into it I didn’t find one.
– Compared to the animes I usually watch, this anime is different. I liked the show and I know a lot of people do, but I’m sure that there are people who don’t like Free!