Deep Love – Ayu no Monogatari is tragic and dark story that may represent parts of society today.
Warning: This manga has many sexual scenes that can be graphic.
Genres: Tragedy, Drama, Shoujo/Josei*, Romance*
My Rating: 6
Mangaka: Yoshii Yuu
Description: Ayu, a 17-year old high school student, does not believe in happiness. To her society is corrupt and solely revolves around money. Selling herself to old men for money, Ayu lives everyday without any hope or joy, until she meets a kind-hearted grandmother. The grandmother grows a plant, and promises Ayu that if it sprouts, she will give it to her. As Ayu grows closer to the grandmother, life begins to seem less miserable.
– This manga includes too many sexual scenes to be a shoujo manga, however, this is not a manhwa, so I can’t put it down as a Josei. As for romance, this manga isn’t mainly about love until the second half. That too, there is no kissing or anything. Just the emotions. (I may take romance out as a genre later)
– This is a tragedy manga. It is not one of those mangas that have someone die in the beginning and then all of a sudden it’s categorized as tragedy.
– The manga is good. It has originality, but there were some things implied that made no sense. I’m guessing that these ‘things’ were suppose to be apart of the plot before they got cut off by the ending. However, there are continuations of the manga, so I can’t really complain.
– Continuations: Deep Love- Host, Deep Love- Pao no Motogatari, Reina no Unmei. These are about the different characters lives after Ayu’s….
– Warning: This manga has many sexual scenes that can be graphic.
Sorry for the missing a review last week ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ I’ll be posting one today and another tomorrow. I’ll also have time for reviews thanks to the holidays!
For this manga series, I will review each continuation separately ◟ʕ´∀`ʔ◞