Sakurahime Kaden is a historical, fantasy manga.
Genres: Historical, Fantasy, Shoujo, Romance, Mystery, Comedy.
My Rating: 3
Magaka: Tanemura Arina
[THE DESCRIPTION IS NOT MINE!]
Description: Sakura is a princess who lives alone with a few maids in a mansion deep in the mountains. She’s been engaged to the prince of the country since she was born. She doesn’t like that fact, as she wants to decide her fate on her own. However, one day, a messenger from the prince suddenly came to take her to the capital…
– I got the description off of MyAnimeList. Sorry I didn’t write it myself, but I dropped this manga 2 years ago, so I mainly remember the manga for all of its bad parts and where I exactly dropped off.
– This manga is NOT FOR CHILDREN. From what I remember the manga mention things like concubines, and it has some sexual content.
– After this manga, I have completely stopped reading any historical manga. I had issues with not knowing which Japanese era they were talking about (and not being informed of that era). Also I got super irritated by the characters. On top of that, the manga didn’t interest me because it took to long to get anywhere/to the point. It is in a way “unique,” but I can’t help but feel that its cliché. It isn’t a shoujo manga that I would remember as ‘refreshing,’ but it’s a manga I would remember for all the terrible things that happened. Even though I like drama and tragedy, I feel like the combination of shoujo/romance with drama/tragedy is annoying and even overdone.
– TBH it is probably better if you see another person’s review for this manga because I dropped this manga about two years ago. I’d recommend reading some of the reviews of this manga on MyAnimeList. Sometimes they can be really helpful. Specifically, I’d recommend reading Sailor-Mitsuki’s review. She praises the manga. That way you’d see the bad points and good points.
– The only part I would say I liked,… was the part when the manga told the fairy girl’s (sorry I don’t remember her name) story and past. Only part I ever liked.
– It seems like the manga also doesn’t update that often. :/ Somehow not surprising…