Love in the Mask is a manhwa/manga that made me obsessed with manga and manhwa.
Genres: Action, Comedy, Drama, Gender Bender, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Tragedy.
My Rating: 10
Mangaka: Han Yu-rang
Description: When Hyun Bin was a child, she was a poor and homeless orphan, who lived with her younger brother Pig. Even though she dressed up as a boy to survive, she and her younger brother struggled with the child-abusive street gangsters. One day, while Hyun Bin was selling gum for money (that the gangsters often took), she was taken away to be bodyguard for the rich, young Yaeha. However, for Hyun Bin to guard Yaeha, she had to continue pretending to be a boy. If she couldn’t keep her gender a secret, she would be sent back to the gangsters. Enduring harsh lessons to become a bodyguard and to make herself seem like a boy, Hyun Bin protected her secret for eight years. But for how long will Hyun Bin live as a cold, emotionless boy? What will happen to Hyun Bin when she falls in love?
– In the description, I specifically did not mention an important fact. I felt like it could have been considered a spoiler, so I tried to be vague about that fact/event.
– Although this manhwa is long, it only took my -3 days to finish reading it. I have re-read it many times before, and I absolutely love it. I would recommend this manhwa to anyone because it’s amazing.
– This mangaka is one of my favorite mangakas. After reading Love in The Mask, I moved to reading the mangaka’s other works. They’re pretty good too, but the updtes take forever.
– Read Love In The Mask here.
– Since it is a manhwa, read right to left (the screen’s right to left). -> ->