Ayashi no Ceres is one of the few romance series that develops a pretty good plot.
Genres: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo, Tragedy.
My Rating: 7
Episode Length: 21 minutes
Aired: April 2000 – Sept 2000
Rating: PG13* R
Mangaka: Yuu Watase
Description: Aya Mikage and her twin brother Aki are going to turn sixteen. Before they turn sixteen, Aya gets an ominous fortune told to her that she will have accident occur to her and face bloodshed, sorrow, and anger. Later she is almost hit by car, but is saved by a mysterious man named Toya who quickly disappears. Although finding it strange, Aya ignores the fortune. When the twins birthday comes, the two go to their grandfather’s house to celebrate. However, when the two get their, the entire family clan is there, and their grandfather has other plans. Aya is tested to see if she is vengeful reincarnation of a celestial maiden, and she passes the test. Confused, she finds out that she is the reincarnation of an angel whose robe was stolen by a human man. The human man forced the angel to marry him and bear his children, while he never returned the robe. Aya the angel named Ceres and Aki the human man named Mikagi, are pulled apart to be enemies. Aya can never go home again if she doesn’t want to die. Hunted down by her own family, lost, and afraid, Aya’s life can never go back to normal. As Aya learns to fight for survival, she will find herself and begin to fall in love.
– I have not read the manga.
– * Although the anime is PG13, it has some mature content. I will be checking this AGAIN and change it if I find out if the anime is R. So yeah… the anime was rated R.
– To be honest, I was really wary of Ayashi no Ceres. I was worried that the anime would end up focusing on romance and forget the plot, but that didn’t happen. If anything, the anime made the romance work with the plot, surprisingly well too.
– The anime was interesting in its own way. Maybe if I had watched the anime before the time I had actually watched it, I probably would have been in love with it.
– Will be posting again today.