When Marnie Was There is a touching, mysterious movie with lovely characters.
My Rating: 10
Director: Hiromasa Yonebayashi
Producing Company: Studio Ghibil
Released: July 19, 2014
Duration: 70 minutes
Main Cast: Marnie- Arimura Kasumi, Sasaki Anna- Takatsuki Sara.
Description: Anna is a 12-year-old girl living in Sapporo. In school, she struggles to get along with her classmates and is often by herself. When Anna has a painful asthma attack, her doctor mentions to her mother that it could have been caused by stress and suggests that Anna should move to a more relaxing environment. Skipping school to move to the country side, Anna leaves her mother to live with her Uncle and Aunt Oiwa. There, Anna explores the place by herself and spots an abandoned house that can only be walked to during low tides. Drawn to the abandoned house, Anna secretly meets a mysterious and foreign girl named Marnie.
– When Marnie Was There = Omoide no Marnie
– This Studio Ghibil movie is one of that has a clear explanation and ending. Some of Ghibil’s movies are very in-depth with symbolism, so this movie compared to that is more clear.
– I definitely would recommend this movie for anyone. If my brother (who can’t sit through movies unless its Frozen) could watch and love this movie, then I pretty sure almost anyone can.
– This movie is a character developing one. And to be honest, it does a very good job in the character development.
– The pics above are both wallpapers. Find them in links below. (Might add more wallpapers)