It feels like I had watched Yumeiro Patissiere centuries ago.
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo.
My Rating: 8
Episode Length: 24 minutes
Aired: 2009 – 2010
Mangaka: Natsumi Matsumoto
Description: Ichigo Amano is a 14-year-old girl who is clumsy and is only good at eating. Unlike her younger sister, Amano has never considered herself to have a recognizable talent. One day, when Amano goes to a Sweets Festival, she meets a patisserie called Henri-sensei. Henri is surprised by Amano’s strong sense of taste and acknowledges her sense of taste. He then invites Amano to the St. Marie Academy to become a Patissiere. As Amano joins the academy, she reminisces of her grandmother- who was a patisserie herself- and meets three boys called the 3 Sweets Princes. Moreover, Amano finds herself a sweet spirit named Vanilla that will help her on her journey to success. Struggling through hard times and working hard to accomplish her dream, how far can Amano go?
– Not all the chapters and volumes have been scanned in English. The last scans were for volume 10.
– I have not read the manga. I did read some chapters, but the scans and images were very bad? I did hear that the manga is a bit different from the anime too.
– There is a second season. I will review it separately.
– This series is very much like Shugo Chara.
– This is a childish show. It is cute in its own ways, though.