Nanatsu no Taizai or The Seven Deadly Sins is an anime with a strange charm and silly characters.
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Shounen.
My Rating: 9
Episode Length: 24 minutes
Aired: Oct 2014 – March 2015
Mangaka: Suzuki Nakaba
Description: In an incident many years ago, seven powerful soldiers – named the Seven Deadly Sins – were said to have killed thousands of Holy knights in trying to overthrow the Kingdom. Rumors of these soldiers claimed that they were ruthlessly strong and dangerous. Then years after the incident, a young girl named Elizabeth Liones stumbles upon bar owner named Meliodas. While Elizabeth seeks the help of the Seven Deadly Sins, the mysterious Meliodas helps her on her journey. With the two off on their journey, what secrets and battles will they face?
– Nanatsu no Taizai = The Seven Deadly Sins
– I have not read the manga.
– * On official online manga sites (possibly non-illegal), and from some fan-base sites, these are the numbers I’m seeing. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
– There is a second season.
– After putting in a lot of consideration, I felt that this anime should be rated an 9. There were definitely some issues with the ways things played out, but when I look back at this anime months later, those issues seem very vague and minuscule.
– My favorite part about this anime was the action along with character development. It was certainly heartwarming, funny, and thrilling all at the same time.
– This anime constantly reminded me of the (pre-2014) Fairy Tail. Although the concepts of each series is different, the energy and character relationships felt very similar.
– There was a crossover done between Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai