This is one of my favorite movies, and it is the movie that introduced me to anime.
Genres: Adventure, Drama, Romance, Sci-fi.
My Rating: 9
Director: Mamoru Hosoda
Released: July 15, 2006
Duration: 98 minutes
Main Cast: Makoto Konno– Riisa Naka
Description: In Tokyo, a baseball-loving, high school girl named Makoto Konno lives an ordinary life. She fights with her younger sister Miyuki over the last pudding cup and plays baseball with her friends Chiaki and Kousuke. However, Makoto’s ordinary life takes an unexpected turn when she reads a strange message on the school blackboard and falls on a walnut shaped object. She can now turn back time for better or worse.
– The Girl Who Leapt Through Time = Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
– This movie won the Animation of the Year in Tokyo Anime Awards back in 2007
– The Girl Who Leapt Through Time anime movie is adapted from a novel by Tsutsui Yasutaka. There was also a drama and manga adapted from the same novel.
– This movie is honestly confusing. After watching it three times, I’m still not a 100% sure that I actually get it. But then again, that’s one of many factors that I enjoy from this movie. If anyone watches the movie and is wondering about the ending, I would check this forum for really good theories.
– This movie really pushed me into anime, and is the reason why I’m here today. I found this movie on a plane in Japanese (many many) years ago and decided to watch it in English (sub) a while later.
– That being said, I might be biased towards this movie. I rated this movie a 9/10, while many other sites seem to rate it a 4/5 or an 8/10.